[nabs-l] Excel Help

Brice Smith brice.smith319 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 17:16:18 UTC 2013

Hello,

Just as a disclaimer, I'm really bad with excel. That said, I'm using
it a lot more and I could use some help. Most of my team use macbooks
and I'm the only one who uses windows. So I'm not sure if this has
anything to do with it, but when I open excel files my screen reader
tells me that all the cells are "merged." Can I undo this? When groups
of cells are merged I find it hard to move around the document with
Jaws and I've never encountered this before. Is this normal or does it
have something to do with the conversion process?

Finally, does Jaws work with color changes in spreadsheets? I need to
be able to recognize color changes in cells and change different cells
to different colors and shades of my own. I've checked some of the
help files in Jaws but I don't know where to look.

I'm not sure if these are accessibility questions or not, but if any
of you have experienced them I could use some help.

Thanks,

Brice