[nabs-l] requesting some advice about choosing a college science class for next semester

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Mon May 20 12:52:23 UTC 2013

--
Joshua T Hendrickson

Hello to all.  I'm glad to be a part of this list.  I am very close to
getting my Associates of Arts degree.  The only class I need to take,
is a geology science class with no lab.  I met with a counselor and I
was going to take a class called Geology 206 which was all about rocks
and things like that.  The Dean of The science department had
suggested I take this class, but there is a major problem.  The
teacher of this class doesn't want me to take the class.  This is
extremely frustrating.  I had went to my disability support office,
and asked Gloria to call the teacher and find out when I could meet
with him to talk about what acomidations I would need for the upcoming
class, the teacher wouldn't even talk to me on the phone.  He told
gloria, there would be no way I could tell the different rocks apart.
I was going to take this same class a couple semesters before but in
the summer not in the fall like I still might take this class.  Lynn
who heads the disability department talked with the dean of science
again, and now people are suggesting that I take an online class
called geology of the solar system.  Lynn told me she thought I should
take this class, because the lady who taught the class was supportive
and didn't mind if I take this class.  I don't really want to take an
online class, because I don't know how accessible it will be with
jaws.  I was sent an email with a link to a page that was kind of set
up like what the online course would look like, but it was very
confusing.  Since there isn't much there as far as assignments, or
discussion questions, its very hard for me to figure out if jaws will
be able to read what needs to be read.  I'm going to meet tomorrow
with Lyn, and the teacher of this online course, to see if I should
take this class, although, I am already registered for the lecture
based geology rock class with the teacher who doesn't even want me in
his class.  Also, I don't even have any accessible textbooks for
either class yet, that is another concern.  Thanks for reading this
message.