[nabs-l] formatting and printing from braille note

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon May 27 22:19:51 UTC 2013

Hi all,

The braille note manual isn’t always that helpful.

So can anyone give me pointers?

I’d like to put some print formating indicators in my keysoft files; note its written in braille, not a text file.
Its my understanding you can put format indicators in the documents though. I’d like to have a heading meaning a bold centered line, and then subheadings for topics. These are bold lines of text separated by blank lines in print.

I saw the heading style indicator written as a dollar sign h. Nothing for subheading though. How would I put the headings and subheading markers in? I cannot figure out how you’d make the heading indicator end, unless its simply pressing enter twice to make blank lines.

Next, how do I print a document? I plan to print via the usb port. Any special cable I need, or just a standard one?
Also, do I just set up the page dimensions on the braille note? I  don’t have to install any software or files to print, do i?

Thanks.
Ashley