[nabs-l] Introduction

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 7 14:39:09 UTC 2013

On 11/6/2013 10:57 AM, johnnie Jean duran wrote:
> Hi y'all,
> I just subscribed to this list, and thought that it'd be a good idea
> to introduce myself, I don't know if I'm supposed to be posting to
> this list or not, whereas some lists are just for announcements, so I
> apologise if not.
> My name is Johnnie Jean Duran, but I prefer to go by JJ. I am an 8th
> grade female from Lakewood Colorado, and I am currently attending
> O'Connell Middle School. I've been totally blind since birth. I have
> been a member of the NFB of Colorado for 3 years, currently a part of
> the North Metro Chapter. I look forward to being a part of this list,
> and it's nice to meet all of you.
> Thanks,
Hi, Johnny Jean, otherwise known as JJ.  JJ, I'm a graduate of the
Colorado Center of the Blind, and so I live in Colorado as a result.
Congrats on the middle school journey as it was tough on me.  I did
private school back then, and I did not benefit well fromthat.  There
are lots of extracurriculars which you can be involved in at middle
school versus my k-8 private school had next to nothing but sports and
choir and I did math club but that doesn't count much because I hated
math with a passion.  But seeing so many blind people get into STEM
professions, science, tech, engineering, and math, is heartwarming. Hey,
Ilive in the Denver area on the border of Lakewood, so hit me up by
email or FB anytime.  I"m proud of you.
Beth