[nabs-l] Over Night College Visit

Hannah Chadwick sparklylicious at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 18:08:07 UTC 2013

Joshua,
Just a quick note. When you get a guide dog, it's entirely your
responsibility. You have to feed, relieve and play with your dog. Your guide
dog is working for you and no one else, therefore you cannot expect other
people to take care of him/her. Lizzy may want to take her dog because she
will be going to that college next year and this would be a great time for
her dog to be introduced to the new environment. College campuses can be
very confusing so any exposure would be fantastic prior to moving in to the
dorms or wherever she is planning on living. Or, she might just want to
leave her dog at home since her dog has some distractions to work on and
it's only for one day. My point is, as guide dog users, we can't have the
mindset of someone else can take care of my dog so I'll just use my cane
today. Plus, when we go off to college and our mommys and daddys aren't
around, then who would take care of our dogs?