[nabs-l] Training centers not real world

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 02:45:47 UTC 2013

One little-known fact about NFB centers is that some people attend
them for less than six months. Though at least six months is usually
required to get an official graduation ceremony and a bell, a course
of 3-5 months or even less can still be beneficial, and in the real
world, it really doesn't matter if you receive a bell or not. I know
several people who benefited tremendously from attending a center
summer program or a 3-month stint in the adult program. I even have a
friend who attended CCB for only a month after his wife passed away
and he wanted to brush up on his cooking skills even though he was
employed and had excellent skills in all the other areas. He paid for
the training himself and I think he thought it was worthwhile even for
just a month. If you call the center and say you only want to come for
three months they aren't going to turn you away.

Arielle