[nabs-l] using jaws for school

William Bowman william.bowman38 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 17:09:37 UTC 2013

Hi,
My name is Will and I have a question for you all. I am in the 10th
grade and I'm starting to use jaws to help me with my homework. I'm
hoping you all can give me some advice. I have trouble on the internet
finding information on a website with jaws. I feel like using it is
slower than looking at the screen but I'm trying to avoid since it
hurts my eyes.

When I'm doing research online I don't always find information quickly
on a new website and I want to know how you all quickly find new
information with jaws. Most wbeiste I go to have tons of links and
lots of content. I've been taught some of the quick comands like
pressing letter h for headings and e for an edit field and insert plus
enter to find text, but is there a faster way? I get frustrated with
places i haven't been before because I don't always know where the
information I want is, and I'm tired of having to arrow up and down
through a site for 10 minutes to find what I want. Sometimes I'll find
a story, but it will be interrupted by advertisements and stuff, and
it takes me forever to figure out where I am. Does anybody have any
advice? I'm trying to get better at it now so I don't have to worry
about it in the future. Thanks, will.