[nabs-l] Some Job Questions...

Joe jsoro620 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 03:06:50 UTC 2013

I don't know that going to school is always the best method of turning one's
life around, not with tuition being what it is these days. If there's a good
plan in place to maximize what you get out of a degree or certificate
program or whatever, by all means go back, but otherwise I think the
original poster should explore this possibility of working at one of these
two food establishments. I'd call ahead, ask for a time to come out and meet
the manager and see what could be worked out. We won't break the
discrimination barrier of entry level jobs if we naturally shy away from
them. I'm all for placing more blind people in skilled roles. Yet, not
everyone will want that option, and perhaps another way to think about it is
that one could work at an entry level job to partially help pay for tuition.
I worked full-time through grad school, not the most recommended idea, but
it helped teach me a lot about time management and prioritizing.

Joe