[nabs-l] bard web site

Helga Schreiber helga.schreiber at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 2 03:56:19 UTC 2013

Hi guys, this is Helga. I just wanted to tell you that I really like the
Bard website due to the fact that I like to download books from it, but I
was actually very sad when I heard that they were going to shut it down, due
to the Federal Government Shut Down. This website helps me a lot because I
was able to download some stories that I needed to read for my Literature
class to my BrailleNote Apex. Also, I think that Tayler is right, when he
says that many of us don't have money in order to pay subscriptions in order
to get books in audio, and that's the case with me. I'm actually a member of
RFBD in order to get my college books in audio, but I can't pay my
subscription this semester because they told me that I need to  pay 119
dolars for my subscription. And I talked to my DBS Counceler about this, but
she told me that she would not pay my subscription because I'm not a full
time student and their policy says that they can't do that. What do you
think about that? Just wondering. Also, hope that Bard gets fix soon? :)
Thanks and God bless!!