[nabs-l] Preparing for The Nfb Training Centers

Sofia Gallo sofiagallo13 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 17:55:39 UTC 2014

Hi

I also have a question about the training center: I really want to go
to one some time soon because it would help me address areas that I
need work in like navigating unfamiliar places and improving
independent living skills. However, I've heard that the centers don't
let us work with guide dogs -- we can only do that in our free time.
I've felt a lot safer and more independent with my dog, and I can't
just stop working with her for 9 months, which keeps me from
considering a center even though it would really help me. Does anyone
have any input or does anyone know someone who has gone with a guide
dog?

Thanks!

Sofia