[nabs-l] Preparing for The Nfb Training Centers

Candice Chapman chapman.candicel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 05:11:25 UTC 2014

Hi Sofia,

I attended BLIND, Inc., one of the NFB training centers. It is true that you cannot use your guide dog during the day. Before 8 and after 4:30, on the weekends; any time other than class time you can use your dog. I've known people who still got a lot out of training, even though they couldn't use their dogs. I would encourage you to talk to someone who has gone through one of the training programs, who has had a guide dog prior to their training. I don't think all the stories that you find will be negative. There was a person who went through training with me
who had a really positive experience. She said that she was a better dog user because of the cane skills that she had gained.

If you want, I can try and connect the two of you so that you can talk to her about her experience.

Take care,

Candice Chapman

Sent from my iPhone