[nabs-l] Assistance with Purchasing Assistive Technology

Gloria G gloria.graves at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 00:10:44 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knew of any organizations that would assist a blind individual in purchasing a piece of assistive technology? I am wanting to purchase the Braillenote Apex for school, and I am not getting any assistance from my local blindness organization. I have had conversations with my rehab counselor, and they informed me that if any assistive technology was authorized, it would only be the iPad with braille display. Thanks for any suggestions or advice.
GG