[nabs-l] Preparing for The Nfb Training Centers

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 00:53:07 UTC 2014

Hi Sofia,

I attended BLIND inc. with a guide dog. The skills I gained in travel class
with a cane did in fact help me with working with my guide dog. They helped
me in terms of being able to make a mental map of my surroundings and
keeping myself orientated. But, in addition to the travel class BLIND inc.
has all the other classes such as jobs, shop, cooking, and communications.
These classes were immensely helpful. Because the working relationship with
my dog was 2 years old, and I was able to work my dog in the evenings and on
the weekends, I don’t think that leaving him in a kennel during class time
adversely affected our working relationship.

HTH

Mark