[nabs-l] NABS List Manners

Beth Taurasi bethslists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 02:09:07 UTC 2014

I don't like when people ... no names here say that the stuff I
say is garbage.  That's completey inappropriate in my opinion.
The opinions on this list should be no way involved with anyone,
or those of the writers.  The opinions on this list should be
kept carefully mannered if at all.  The fact is I don't like it
when one person has to cut me down when I write stuff for
instance.  Like the thing I wrote about social skills, and that
person was indirectly implying that I had poor social skills.  He
wrongly stated that I was "feeding garbage" to the list.  You
were right about inappropriate comments.  Bra size is not
appropriate for the list, as an example.
I think the list is vluable, but it seems like no one replies to
me sometimes.  I feel left out of list activities even when I
write.  I used to be active, but we can talk about social skills
and tech and all things blindness.  But there are blind people
who have compounded other disabilities who don't feel valued on
this list.
I think the list has a lot of value for college students, but I
have most of my good friends on this list.
Thanks.
Beth