[nabs-l] Assistive Technology

Kirt kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 16:35:32 UTC 2014

Hello all,
I still have my braille note apex and pull it out occasionally. More often than not I'm using it as a braille display for my iPhone. I can appreciate the advantages of traditional notetakers that are being brought up but, honestly, I think it's only a matter of time before braille support on iOS or android surpasses anything The note taker companies can come up with on their shoestring budgets. Freedom scientific saw the writing on the wall years ago, before anybody else in the market. Human where was a couple years slower, At least they have been trying to update hkeysoft every now and again but it's a losing battle and I think they know it. They've certainly updated their braille displays, modernize the Victor Stream, even made a screen reader for BlackBerries… but no new note taker since early 2010.Hims, It seems to me, is the last holdout. I'll be curious if they are able to put out one more braille sense model before market forces convince them it's a silly idea.
Best,
Kirt

Sent from my iPhone