[nabs-l] Typing While Talking

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 17:56:50 UTC 2014

Rahul:

This is, in my opinion, where a braille display comes in quite handy. I have similar problems when trying to work with a screen reader while holding a conversation. For me even listening to another person while at the same time listening to my screen reader through headphones is difficult, and having a conversation with them is virtually impossible. If you have a braille display or notetaker, I would strongly suggest using that to take notes in meetings. Currently I am the secretary of the Maryland Association of blind students, and I use my braille display almost exclusively in meetings to take minutes. If I don't have access to my braille display, another option I use is to record the meetings (for my own use only) and take the Notes afterward based on the recording.

Hope this helps,

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone