[nabs-l] Typing While Talking

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 19:18:30 UTC 2014

Hi, I also use one earbud and when I am typing notes, I turn off
speech. You can do this temporarily in a file when using JAWS by
pressing insert 2 to toggle between speaking characters, words,
characters and words, or nothing. If I am doing a user study, I tend
to record the session so I can remain engaged in the conversation, but
I have found that I can keep up with a meeting pretty well using the
former solution.

When using phones, you can get a split headset where one side plugs in
to the phone and the other, your computer. This is a common solution
for blind people who work in call centers. I found the headset to be
quite bulky, so I just used one earbud and put the headset that came
with my office phone over my other ear. This worked for me since my
office phone headseet only had one ear attached.

Cindy

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/rahul.bajaj1038%4