[nabs-l] Efficiency and Productivity

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 24 23:18:15 UTC 2014

Rahul,
It depends on what I'm doing. if its something using a word processor, I'm
quite efficient.
I say I can use Word, email, and powerpoint as well as my sighted
colleagues.
But, unfortunately, I agree it takes us longer to do some tasks. This Ii s
due to the fact we cannot skim a screen with our screen readers.

I especially think its more challenging to do research because webpages are
loaded with info and we cannot scroll down to look for info.
Now, if I visit a webpage a lot, there are tricks to navigate it once
familiar including using a find command, placing place markers there,
skipping to say the third heading with H if that is what I need, etc.
But, I see what you're saying. if you have specific questions for us on what
is slowing you down, I bet we can help.

But, yes, using software can be a challege, especially with semi
accessibility.
Ashley