[nabs-l] Efficiency and Productivity

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 00:56:54 UTC 2014

Hi Jedi,

I definitely agree that if you know what you're looking for a
blind person using a digital book and the find command will find
it much quicker than a sited person with a print book.  I also
find that I read faster with my text to speech set to maximum
than sited people do when I'm trying to absorb the entire content
of what I'm reading.  I do think that sited people have an
advantage, though, when it comes to quickly getting the gist of
an article or chapter.  Authors and publishers design with sited
people in mind, so important words are bolded or otherwise stand
out, which means that the sited person glancing at a page gets
the general idea of what is going on without actually reading it.
Of course this depends on the genre of the work in question.
Like you say, blind people can do some things faster than sited
people and vice versa.

Best,
Karl