[nabs-l] (no subject)

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Aug 27 15:02:04 UTC 2014

Arielle is correct, many blind people are using LaTex directly.  To some degree, it can be read directly with a
little study.  You might see if you can get a sample and see how it reads.  It will depend upon how much
formatting is included by the instructor.  However, there are several other approaches to reading LaTex and I
don't have experience with them, but asking on the BlindMath list should get you some responses that would be
helpful.  You can get to the BlindMath page on NFBNET directly by going to

and you can subscribe there.  There is also a project to archive BlindMath posts on the BlindScience.ORG web site.
Perhaps someone else here has more information on that but it could be another source of information.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson