[nabs-l] Socializing in Noisy Parties

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 18:21:04 UTC 2014

Noisy parties can be tough. My trick is usually to find a quieter area
within the party, and try to hang out there at least part of the time.
For example, indoor parties will often have an outdoor spot where
people go to smoke, talk or just get away for a bit. I don't smoke,
but I will sometimes wander outside when the noise starts to get to me
and it is easier to talk to people outside. Moving to the back of the
room away from the stereo can also help.
As for dancing, it's probably easiest to learn in person if you have a
friend or relative who knows a lot about dancing and could teach you.
But remember that many sighted people also feel awkward about dancing
in public.

Best,
Arielle