[nabs-l] A question

Lucy Sirianni lucysirianni at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 21 00:26:04 UTC 2014

Hi Matthew,

      If she's not already familiar with it, your girlfriend
might want to look at www.blindeducators.org.  This is the
website of the NFBs National Organization of Blind Educators, and
it gives instructions for how to subscribe to this organization's
listserv (the one Darian and Mikayla have already mentioned) and
offers numerous tips for teachers who are blind in the FAQ
section.  She may also be interested in the book Teachers who are
Blind or Visually Impaired by Deborah Kendrick, which profiles 18
blind teachers of various subjects and in various educational
settings and discusses the techniques that are most useful to
them.  The site  www.blindteachers.net  has additional profiles
of successful teachers who are blind, and your girlfriend might
be able to find still more teachers to connect with through
signing up with www.afb.org/careerconnect.

      I hope this helps, and best of luck to your girlfriend!

Lucy