[nabs-l] Opinions on a TVI Issue

Jamie Principato blackbyrdfly at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 18:31:22 UTC 2014

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Is your TVI making you wait for assistance when you need it? Is she neglecting to help you when you ask for it? Is she neglecting her responsibility to you, resulting in  decreased accessibility to the math class? If so, it's a problem that you should address with her. If not, I don't see why it bothers you. Did your family hire her as a private aide, or is she an employee of the school you attend? If she works for the school, and if all your needs are met, wouldn't it be wasteful for her to just sit and watch you work independently? If she isn't doing anything for you at the time, and other students need assistance, why shouldn't she be a good employee and take the initiative to pick up the slack in the classroom? Part of being a good employee is seeing work that needs to be done and doing it, whether you've been told to or not, and not just wasting time sitting and doing nothing. So as long as you are having your needs met first and foremost, what's wrong with her helping other students?

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone