[nabs-l] class notes

Ryan Silveira ryan.l.silveira at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 19:58:39 UTC 2014

Hi Kierra

For me, it really depends on the style of the class.  If it’s very didactic (the teacher lectures, the students listen), I will often use a scribe.  If the class is more socratic (hands on), I will use a braille note taker because I’m often writing my own observations on things.  I have taken notes on a braille note taker during lectures, but since I started college, I have used a scribe, usually hired by the office of disability services.  Personally, I prefer to use a scribe.  I found in high school that, when I was taking notes, I would miss some of the lecture because I was too focused on what I was writing.  I know that I’m horrible at multitasking, so I just find it easier to have someone take notes for me.  They then usually send me the notes in a word document.  Hope this helps.

Ryan