[nabs-l] class notes

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Feb 26 20:44:53 UTC 2014

Sorry, I cannot help commenting even though I have not been a student in a while.  We don't always know what other
disabilities someone may have that might affect their abilities to, for example, multi-task, but learning to take
notes is a skill that will benefit one for their entire lives on the job.  One just isn't always going to have a
scribe to take notes.  My guess is that for at least a while, it is not easy for sighted people to take notes and
concentrate on lectures, either, but it is an ability that can be developed in most cases.  Having someone else
take notes just means that one will need to develop this skill later, when getting your job done might be on the
line rather than a grade.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson