[nabs-l] Scheduling

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 20:42:42 UTC 2014

Hi Lillie,

I agree with Suzanne - It really depends on what you would like to
major in college. Trig is a pre-requisite for the first year of
college-level calculus, which is required by almost all math and
science-related majors. Overall, I found math courses to be much more
accessible in high school than in college given the availaibility of
braille materials, so I would actually suggest for you to take trig
now if you are at all interested in a science-related field, including
biology. I also suspect that prestigious universities expect potential
applicants to have taken trig/pre-calc in high school - Almost all of
my friends in college, even those who majored in humanities, came in
having taken this course. Just my two cents!

Katie