[nabs-l] Dropbox 101 & Your Bonus Space

Joe jsoro620 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 00:40:28 UTC 2014

Hi, I see there are fellow subscribers who have not taken advantage of the
awesomeness that is Dropbox. I'll give you my version of the run-down, and
if by the end you think it might be worth checking out, click on my personal
link to get half a gig of bonus space on top of the 2 gigs of free space
you're already given.

At its simplest, Dropbox installs a folder on your computer similar to My
Documents. You can create files and folders within this Dropbox folder.
Everything in this folder is synchronized with every other computer and
device where you've installed Dropbox, including your iPhone, iPad, etc.

You pick what folders and files are shared with what people, and if you ever
want to leave the shared folder, you can do so without disturbing the
content for anyone else if that's what you prefer.

Dropbox Highlights:

* LAN Sync. Transfer speeds are incredible between computers on the same
network, so sharing content with your roommates will be a snap.

* Selective Sync. You decide what folders do and do not synchronize.

* Portability. Get the Dropbox app for your mobile device and keep reading
your eBook or important office file on the road.

* Avoid Duplication. If someone uploaded a copy of something you were
working on, Dropbox will simply load the copy already stored and place a
Conflict label beside the file title.

* Photos. Create an instant photo gallery with the desktop app's Photo
folder.

* Public. Working with someone not using Dropbox? Use a Public link to
create a public link to your file. They just click on the link and download
the content to their own computer or device.

* iTunes. With enough space you can host your Library from a Dropbox folder
to make it available across all your devices. Even if you don't use the
Library, I use Dropbox to store my music, documents, eBooks, and audio books
without ever once opening that dreadful iTunes on my PC.

* Passwords. Launch password apps from Dropbox to make passwords software
accessible to you no matter where you are.

* Firefox Sync. Use a similar process to keep your Firefox profile
consistent across multiple computers.

* Referral. You get 2 GB of free space to start but get 500 MB for every
referral up to 16 GB.

I collaborate with several teams on different projects. Each team has its
own set of subfolders, and there's no worry about whether or not a document
will display properly since Dropbox works on all the major operating systems
and mobile platforms. This means you can use all the features of your
preferred word processor without the hassle of Google Docs' well-intentioned
but so far limited features.

You can use Dropbox to share shopping lists and other items of mutual
interest. The best selling point for me is that a person could start on a
document at home and pick it right back up at the office with all the same
track changes, notations, etc. as though there was never a pause in
workflow. If your computer back home crashes, there's no problem, because
everything will have been safely stored in the cloud.

Actually, you can do a lot more with Dropbox if you really want to go the
geeky route.

So, are you convinced? Okay, click on the link below, and grab that bonus
space!

http://db.tt/tRuvDa6

Joe

--