[nabs-l] How to Create Folders inside the Dropbox Folder

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 23:46:28 UTC 2014

Hi Helga, if you are using windows, you can use a standard Windows
command to create a new folder in Dropbox just as you would if you
were in My Documents, My Music, etc. Just press alt-f to get into the
file menu, the letter w, and then you will be in the new submenu. The
option to create a new folder will be first, JAWS will say "folder"
Then press enter. What I have found is that if you start typing the
name of the folder immediately after doing this, the folder name will
populate. If you accidentally move your curssor or do something weird,
find the folder labeled "new" or "unknown" in some cases, right click
by pressing shift-f10, and arrow up to "rename." You will then be
placed in an edit box where you can edit the name of the folder. Press
enter when you are done typing the name. You can create folders inside
of folders inside of folders to your heart's content. On the iPhone,
the parent folders, the folders located in the Dropbox folder itself,
will appear in a list when you open the Dropbox app. And just as you
would press enter on the folder you want to open when using JAWS, you
would double tap the desired folder to get to the folders and/or files
inside. Folders within folders will appear in the same way on your
iPhone as they do on Dropbox.

Cindy

--
Cindy Bennett
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com