[nabs-l] Apex as Braille Display

Ryan Silveira ryan.l.silveira at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 23:16:04 UTC 2014

Hi Mikayla,

I appologize in advance for this only being semi-helpful.  I believe there is a command you first need to enter on the Apex, but I can’t remember what that is.  Hopefully someone will answer that part.  Once you’re in the mode to use it as a braille display, on your phone, do the following.

1. Go to settings, General, Accessibility, Voiceover, Braille.
2. Swipe right until you hear “Choose braille display”.  You will then see your Apex listed.  Double tap on that and, I think you should be good.  I don’t have an Apex, so I’m kind of going off the top of my head here, but as I recall, that is the procedure.  Hopefully someone can confirm that as well as supply the proper command to put the Apex in, for lack of a better term, pair mode.

Ryan