[nabs-l] Blindness and Race

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 01:01:22 UTC 2014

Unfortunately, I think blind people can still form first impressions
and judge others based on superficial criteria. Accents, voice pitch,
firmness of a handshake, body odor, height or weight cues we might get
from hugging or brushing up against a person, etc. We may have less
superficial cues than sighted people have to judge by, but the
human-nature tendency to categorize or judge people based on immediate
first impressions isn't something we are immune to.

Arielle

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/filerime%40gmail.