[nabs-l] Public Speaking

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 21:54:05 UTC 2014

Hi all,

This is turning out to be an intriguing discussion!
I have really enjoyed reading all the great suggestions that others
have given so far.
Although I'd like to believe that I'm not that bad at public speaking,
I have been told a couple of times that I should use hand gestures to
convey my points more strongly.
I have never done this because, as I am sure you all would agree, this
isn't something that comes to us naturally.
As a result, I just stand still while giving my speeches and don't use
any gestures; this is something that weighs heavily against me in
public speaking competitions.
Can anyone share any effective strategies that they have employed to
circumvent this problem?
Someone spoke about practicing this with a sighted person. That's a
good suggestion, and I'll definitely keep that in mind.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Best,
Rahul