[nabs-l] Transparency: the Value, the Quality, the Methods

Joe jsoro620 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 17:54:08 UTC 2014

Two things bother me about this message. First, the timeliness is awkward.
The concern for transparency should not come on the heels of an announcement
to seek the presidency of an organization. Would it not make more sense for
this overarching priority to have been a concern at the start of a person's
stent in office? Second, the message is basically a truism. Do we honestly
expect anyone to argue against transparency, or further, do we really expect
the membership of any organization to suggest there could be such a thing as
too much transparency? If so, we're not really embracing transparency in its
true sense, are we?

As a former NABS board member, I applaud the campaign messages. It speaks to
my political nature; however, feeble attempts to keep one's name relevant
have got to go. It's disingenuous.

Joe

--
Twitter: @ScribblingJoe