[nabs-l] apartment resources

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Sun Jun 22 22:36:09 UTC 2014

Hello:
Thanks all for your feedback. I'll explain what I've done thus far.

At the beginning of the summer last year, I wrote to Wentworth notifying
them that I am blind and do have a dog and requested a single for the
space, as well as the space required for my extra equipment (brailler,
books etc). They informed me that I could have a single in a freshmen
dorm without a kitchen or share a room with someone. they placed me with
an RA. When space opened up, I was shifted to another room, since my RA
gets a room to himself for being an RA. I have repeatedly asked the head
of the housing department for a room, via email as well as in person; he
is fully aware of the problems I had last semester. The DS office has
similarly refused to request a single for this instance, citing again
the freshmen dorm across the road with no kitchen that I could move to
if I wanted a single.

Unless there is something I can actually rely on in terms of the ADA, i
do not believe a single is an option at this point.

Thanks,

--
Take care,
Ty