[nabs-l] Scheduling

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 00:37:43 UTC 2014

Lillie, ironically, I had the same dillemma this year. I'm a
junior in high school and in Algebra II, just like you, and my
math teacher and the head of our math apartment wanted to take AP
precalculus. I am NOT a math person, so I wanted to take a
statistics class. The important thing to realize is that
ultimately, scheduling is up to you and your parents. If it works
the same at your school as it does at mine, the teachers cannot
force you to take anything, especially if it's an upper-level
class like AP. That said, I do agree with the many people who've
said that your prospective career determines what class you
should take. But if your career does not require advanced math
like calc and trig, go ahead and take the stats class.