[nabs-l] Personal characteristics and traits of successfulblind people

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 18:33:05 UTC 2014

Joe, I think all the examples you cite are instances of lack of
opportunity. Inaccessible technology, lack of transit, discrimination;
these are all denials of opportunity. Everyone admits that blindness
makes a lack of opportunity more of a barrier. But when there is
opportunity--when things are accessible, there are ways to get around
besides driving a car, etc.--blindness becomes a non-issue.
Arielle