[nabs-l] games

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 04:45:53 UTC 2014

STandard decks of cards should be able to provide you with a lot of
card game options.  Everything from Go Fish and War to Rummy games and
Poker.  There's a lot you can do with just one set; you just have to
learn the different games, and the best way to do that is just by
playing with other people.

As was suggested, if you're having trouble finding the manufactured
braille cards, you can always buy a standard deck at just about any
store and braille them yourself.  I tend to do this because it is
faster in the long run, and less expensive as well.  If you go this
route, generally you braille a letter for the suit (D for diamonds, C
for clubs, S for spades, and H for hearts) without the letter sign,
and right next to it you write the nemeth version of the number.  I've
seen aces represented by both a nemeth 1 and the letter A; it really
doesn't matter which one you pick there as long as you know what it
means.  Kings of any suit are represented by a K, E.G HK means king of
hearts.  This is the same for queen and jack cards.

Personally, I like Uno, but I can see how that would be limiting if
that's all you have.

There are also tactile versions of other games, like chess, checkers,
etc.  I have a tactile checkers and chess set and love it.

On 11/20/14, Kayla James via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> I sent you the link. If you cannot find it in your email, I will resend.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/christgirl813%40g
>>> mail.co

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/kirt.crazydude%40
>>> gmail.com