[nabs-l] Creating a Running head with JFW

Justin Young jty727 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:51:08 UTC 2014

Arielle is correct by telling you alt+v then h which gets you to the
heading/footer panes.  In terms of the running head I am unsure if
there is another way, but the only way I know is by going to insert
then tabbing until you reach "Page Numbering".  Once you get to Page
Numbering then hit enter and another dialog box for a lack of a better
term will pop up asking you where on the page you want the numbers.
Select "top of page" then arrow down until you get option 3.  This
will put you in a heading pane for where the page number has been
inserted.

Once you have gotten that far place your curcer directly infront of
the page number and type in all caps an abbreviated version of the
title of your paper.  Once you have entered in all the text you wish
to have hit tab twice and it will be at the top of your pages.

To create the coverpage once you have done all the above, you have to
just hit alt and then on the "design" menu find the box for "different
first page" this will give you a blank heading to enter the text for
your coverpage.  Again I am unsure if there is an easier method, but
this is how I learned it by following the instructions from the
following webpage:

http://academicanswers.waldenu.edu/a.php?qid=597217

Hope this helps and good luck,

Justin