[nabs-l] iPad HELP for student teaching...

Zach Mason zmason.northwindsfarm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 14:01:20 UTC 2014

Hello,

I highly recommend one of your first apps downloaded be "ViA" made by the
Braille Institute. The app is a directory of Apple apps reviewed by people
with blindness and low vision. It allows you access to ratings, gives you
descriptions, the price, and a link to each app's App Stor's page to
download. The number of apps in the directory is always growing. I've found
that, just because an app is listed in ViA doesn't make it completely
accessible, but if you look at the ratings before you download-something I
need to start doing more-you'll find it extremely helpful. There is a
category of education apps I think you might find useful.

Zac

Zachary Mason

Assistant Shepherd and Young Stock Manager

Northwinds Farm

(603) 922-8377 Work

(603) 991-6747 Cell

 <mailto:zmason at northwindsfarm@gmail.com> zmason at northwindsfarm@gmail.com