[nabs-l] What do you think: does getting involved with a blindness organization or society involve working in the real world?

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 2 01:51:11 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm just curious to know your opinions on whether you consider
getting involved with a blindness organization or society such as
the Federation or NABS to be going out and working in the real
world?

I'm just curious because not everybody in the world is blind, so
working with a company that only involves blind people is, in my
opinion, not really a job where you interact with everyone out
there.
I think it should be obvious to everyone on this list that about
70 percent of the people in this world are sighted and about 30
percent includes us, the blindness community.  Sorrmy if my math
is off, but that's my estimate of how much of the world contains
the sighted people and how much contains us.  Somebody else on
this list might have a more accurate calculation of the actual
percentages.

So, in your opinion, is getting involved with a blindness group
going out and working in the real world or only in your
"blindness" world?

I'm looking forward to hearing your views.

Thanks,

Sami.