[nabs-l] question about DAZY software

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez1994 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 19:08:46 UTC 2014

Hi all:
So, I had a copy of JAWS during high school along with a Braillenote,
so I usually kept switching between the 2 for books--FS Reader would
come in handy for Learning Ally books, which I would often download
because they weren't available on Bookshare.
But now I don't have JAWS anymore, since that copy was specific to my
high school,
and I can't get JAWS from rehab as of yet since I'm neither in college
nor working at this point due to state residency requirements.
I tried NVDA but didn't like it too much and ended up going for the
Access Anywhere System Access package.
My problem though is that,although System Access and Access Anywhere
is great, I've lost FSReader.
I tried running it several times without JAWS but it kept crashing,
and apparently Freedom Scientific doesn't have a stand alone version
of the product.
Anyone have any ideas for free software-based DAIZY readers?
(I also gave my braillenote back to the DOE since that was a loan basically.)

Thanks,

Jorge