[nabs-l] Questions About Purchasing/using a traditional blindness notetaker vs a braille display paired with an I-Device

Matthew Dierckens matt.dierckens at me.com
Fri Oct 10 13:45:46 UTC 2014

Hi Kerri,
I am a regular user of a braille display/iPhone paring.
I personally like this method more so than a notetaker, because its more portable. Granted, you do have two devices, but if you want to write a note, write it in notes, and then if you need it for printing later you can simply email it to yourself.
It's definitely cheaper than purchasing a notetaker. I used two notetakers from 2000-2011 and got my Brailliant BI32 in 2011. As I said, the braille display and the phone works very well for the tasks I need.

God bless. :)
Matthew Dierckens
Macintosh Trainer
Blind Access Training