[nabs-l] Help send $7, 500 worth of students to Washington Seminar!

Manners, Derek dmanners at jd16.law.harvard.edu
Sat Aug 1 23:53:08 UTC 2015

Howdy ladies and gentlemen.  As some of you may have heard, President Riccobono pledged up to $3,750 to help send students to Washington Seminar. Every dollar we raise and spend on this effort, the national office will match up to $3,750. So if you want to go to Washington Seminar, one great way is to join the fundraising committee and help us raise some cash!

Now you may be thinking that you aren't a grant writer and that you are uncomfortable asking folks for money or stuff. That's totally okay, we still need your help. Michael Ausbin, Kate Webster, Sean Whalen, and I are doing most of the heavy lifting with regard to grant writing and calling businesses to ask for donations. If anyone has experience with that we are more than happy to let you share in the glory of being an all star fundraiser. However, we also need folks to share the NABS gofundme page on their Facebook. We need folks to think of awesome auction items. We need folks to do some googling and locate grant and donation opportunities for the aforementioned heavy hitters. We need folks to recruit volunteers for our penny wars, NABS cafe, and Monte Carlo night fundraisers.

So what do you say?  Will you help us send our federation family to Washington Seminar so we can demand accessibility in the classroom?

Contact Derek Manners at 9032716494 or derekmanners at gmail.com or Michael Ausbun at 775-432-8789 or his email address which is cc'ed.

Thank you for your help and we are going to kill it this year!

Derek Manners and Michael Ausbun