[nabs-l] Building Emergancy Captain

Ben Fulton bluezinfandel at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:58:02 UTC 2015

Thanks Jo,

I feel that perspective is very helpful.  I will be sending an email along to someone who has agreed to put me in touch with the current Emergancy Captain for the building.  I will talk to them about the specific duties required.  I read the emergency fact sheet and know what everyone is expected to do.  I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't look like an idiot asking the Emergancy Coordinator for a position and then being dumbfounded if I was asked how to find and assist unconscious people, or how to plan an escape route, or other questions involving assessing danger.  I was just hoping to get some ideas about how to adequately interpret the conditions of an emergency situation so I would have some good ideas to help me function as an effective Emergancy Captain.

Best wishes,
Ben