[nabs-l] Call for State Updates

Bryan Duarte bjduarte at asu.edu
Tue Dec 22 23:35:01 UTC 2015

Greetings and happy holidays from Arizona students! Here in the great state of Arizona where the sun shines year round and Mr. Clause has to shed a few layers before making his annual deliveries, we are excited to share some holiday updates. Last weekend several Arizona chapters held their holiday parties and it proved to be an excellent time to raise funds for the student division. Across the North valley to the Southern area of Arizona we auctioned of holiday gift baskets and were able to raise over $500. As the end of the year approaches and we are nearing the new year we feel it is necessary to begin 2016 with some fun. Following our Christmas fund raisers we are looking into an event for New Years to raise awareness and do some recruiting. This year AzABS is sending two board members to Washington Seminar to represent Arizona and advocate on behalf of blind students all across the Nation. As mentioned previously we are working on planning an Arizona student seminar aimed to raise awareness of the NFB and how to get involved, how to plan for the transition between high school and college, and other fun topics. Things are coming together nicely and very soon we will be sharing the details of the event with you all.

As always we are excited to work beside you all and want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from everyone in Arizona!