[nabs-l] Is any English Major students around here?

Lucy Sirianni lucysirianni at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 19 19:57:06 UTC 2015

Hi Helga,

I'm a doctoral candidate in English, as you may remember, and I
also teach English courses to undergraduate students.
Unfortunately, though, I don't think anyone unfamiliar with your
university's requirements and course offerings will be able to
advise you as to which classes to start with.  Speaking with your
advisor should be a big help, and you might also speak with other
English majors at your university who can give you a sense, from
the student perspective, of which courses are particularly strong
and which, if any, might be better avoided.  Of course, your own
interests, goals, and background will play a large role in your
choice as well.

If you have blindness-specific English-related questions, feel
free to be in touch with me off-list any time; for more general
questions, the folks at your university will probably be the best
resources, and I hope they will be supportive.

Best of luck!

Lucy