[nabs-l] A Convention Update

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 05:27:11 UTC 2015

I'm surprised no one really mentioned the GWR (world record) as their
favorite.  Standing under the umbrellas, singing Federation songs
while we waited for the GWR people to make us official was probably
the highlight of my week.  I felt so empowered after that.

Hearing Justin's talk at NABS and Serena's speech in general session
was great too.  I recently spent time abroad and am involved in the
#BlindAbroad campaign, so it was cool to have that spread to the
Federation.

I, like Chris, loved the 75th anniversary celebration through song.  I
also might be biased as I also sang in the choir, but it was great fun
and I'm still amazed that we put it together in such a short time.  It
was one of the most fun performances I've done in quite a while.

I also really enjoyed all the networking with new and old friends, and
goofing around with the rest of the scholarship class when we had time
to chill out together.  Playing for a friend in the performing arts
division talent competition was also fun; I got some pesky chords that
were giving me trouble on the particular instrument I was using until
then, so I was very pleased and had fun with it.

That's my top 5/6 depending on how you count it.  You really should
try to come to convention.  The NFB takes on a completely different
and deeper meaning when you experience it in person.  I listened in
last year and now that I've been recharged wish I wouldn't have missed
out.