[nabs-l] Disclosing That I am Blind on job/internshipapplication process?

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:55:21 UTC 2015

Car, the worry is that in an interview you can show that you're
competent and discuss things like non-visual techniques for
performing your duties in the job you're applying for, but if you
put it on an application the people considering hiring you might
assume that you can't do the job because you're blind and just
throw out your application instead of granting you an interview.
And yes, it's a personal characteristic, but people don't put
personal characteristics on applications unless they're somehow
relevant to the job.  For instance, in nearly all jobs you don't
put things like your race, weight, sexual orientation, political
and religious beliefs, medical history, marital status, number of
children, etc. on the application.