[nabs-l] A Question for State Student Division Leaders

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 01:19:15 UTC 2015

Fellow NABSters,

We in the Maryland Association of Blind Students are currently going through
a time of transition. Along with a new President, many new Board members and
a new focus on membership building to coincide with our 75th year, the MDABS
Board is considering the idea of drafting a new Constitution. Due to a lack
of organization on the part of previous Boards, our current Constitution
appears to be lost. It is not even in the records of our state affiliate. To
create a clear Constitution which can be easily referenced and to make some
necessary updates to the limited written rules we do have, we on the Board
find it necessary to start from scratch and write a new document. However,
since none of us were involved in the writing of the first Constitution, we
don't have any experience in this matter. This is where you come in.

As someone who is involved in the initial drafting of the new Constitution,
I would like to see a good working Constitution from another state student
division which we could use as a model. Would any of you who are leaders of
state student divisions have a particularly good Constitution which you
believe could be used as a model from which another division could work?
Perhaps you could point me to a resource where I could find such a document?
I would appreciate any feedback you could provide on this matter. Please
feel free to contact me off-list if you would like. My phone number and
email address are in my signature-calls, texts and emails are welcome. Thank
you in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Chris Nusbaum, Vice President

Maryland Association of Blind Students

A Division of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland

Phone: (443) 547-2409

Email: dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com

Twitter: @Chrisn98 and @NFBMD

expectations for blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.