[nabs-l] JAWS 16 and Focus braille display

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 19:48:48 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have been using a 40-cell Focus braille display with JAWS for years
but am now encountering a very annoying problem after my most recent
upgrade to JAWS 16. Typically, I turn on the option "active cursor
follow braille display" under Braille Settings so that I can pan
through a document using my braille display without wandering outside
the main window and seeing messages in the status bar that I don't
need. However, when I turn this option on in JAWS 16 the speech would
not behave consistently when I read a Word document line by line using
the arrow keys - The speech would appear to "get stuck" every few
lines and repeat the same line multiple times. Has anyone encountered
a similar issue and found a solution? I'm planning to call Freedom
Scientific technical support but figure I would ask here first since
they are not always very helpful.

Thanks!
Katie