[nabs-l] Constructing bivariate tables in ms word with jaws

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 19:23:09 UTC 2015

HiAmanda. I have not done this myself, but it's definitely possible to
do in either Excel or Word. I prefer Excel, as it is quicker to
navigate with JAWS, and Excel can perform follow-up calculations if
you need to compute column or row percentages.
The only trick is getting the frequency numbers to put into the table.
If your data set is small, you can do this by hand counting. If the
data set is large, you may need to use software to count up the
frequencies. If your classmates are doing it by hand, then you can
definitely make the table independently using Excel, or using the
Insert Table function in Word. In excel you can use the arrow keys to
move around the table. In Word you need to press control-alt-arrow to
move around. You can also build the table in Excel and simply copy and
paste into a Word doc.
Best, Arielle